When it all started

At the George Hotel, High Street, Uxbridge on the 25th of April 1950 a number of Masons (mainly from the Royal Union Lodge No. 382), under the chairmanship of W.Bro Percy Kedge PPrAGDC, met to discuss the formation of a new Lodge in the Uxbridge area.  The main reason for making a petition for a new Lodge was that the Royal Union Lodge had such a large membership that it was taking seventeen years to be installed in the Chair.

The new Lodge would help the younger brethren to attain the Chair in a reasonable time especially as the prospective Founders agreed that no Past Master would be installed in the Chair.  This undertaking was kept until 1971 when this was rescinded by the five remaining founders.

Having agreed that the new Lodge would be called ‘The Uxbridge Lodge’ permission was obtained from the Urban district council of Uxbridge that its coat of arms is used as the Lodge Badge.  In appreciation of the honour granted in very few cases, The Lodge subscribed to the charter Fund when the Urban Council achieved Borough status in 1955.  Because Uxbridge Borough no longer exists after the changes to London boroughs.  The Lodge is probably the only body now using that coat of arms.

Granting the Petition

The Petition form was received by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master in charge W.Bro Norman Moore MA, PGD, who recommended its acceptance on 20th December 1950.

The Grand Secretary duly signed the petition in January 1951 and a Warrant was granted by the Most Worshipful the Grand Master, The Rt. Hon. Earl of Scarborough KG JP, on 7th February 1951.

Uxbridge Lodge No.7066